MALL Technology in Schools.
I would like to quote the words of a great teacher and a good friend of mine : Jason R. Levine who posted in his Facebook group wall "It's all about how far you REACH when you TEACH!"
Yes, we need to use all the methods to reach our students' and teach what is needed.
Recent studies showed instructors' positive feedback on using these technological devices for instructional purposes such as, presentations, interviews discussions, etc. The findings of the studies shows students' interests' towards using this technology (Abdous, 2009).
Although I am not a very techno person I still cannot imagine my life without some of those devices.
I am not big fan of iphone or ipad or ipod however clearly see the value of integrating them in the learning process. From pedagogical perspectives the use of ipod would be a great way to enhance ss' listening skills, ipad or iphone with their various features could make both learners' and teachers' lives much easier. The name speaks for itself mobile devices , easy to carry around. That one feature already makes a big change. I study Spanish for example and it is very convenient for me to listen to my spanish classes while I am in the transport, or on my way to AUA. As we can see here I can use my time efficiently and learn while doing something else because those devices are portable.
There are many benefits to name for using these tools, however there are also drawbacks and challenges to consider using MALL technology in schools.
As a pedagog in Armenia I can note one prominent challenge which is
monitoring of student's behavior while using these devices.
As a drawback it is worth to mention that technology in class will limit the interaction, communication.
I would still prefer using technology in my classroom because it is developing rapidly and we need to teach our students to stay up to date, not to fall behind. This is like a survival game, want it or not got to accept the rules if you are in it. So because knowledge is everywhere now, we need to give all the keys and teach our students how to use them to open those doors to its majesty World of Knowledge.
source : http://eric.ed.gov/?id=EJ827519


No comments:
Post a Comment